This post comes from a lot of hard work, and practically none of it is mine. Michael Raston, whose work I linked to in my previous post, took some old writing of mine and vastly improved upon it, rounding out what was intended to be a factory of monster creation that I just wasn’t capable of finishing myself.
So here is the Vivisextrator, a gargantuan bio-factory that vomits up new monstrous creations. Initial description by me, random tables by Michael.
For more of Michael’s work, be sure to check out http://lizardmandiaries.blogspot.com
The Vivisextrator: A Monstrostifactorhemoth
A remnant super-structure of the Biode Hexegemony (a hegemony governed by witch-based ritual power), the Vivisextrator is a behemoth-sized living factory that has recombinant DNA glands that constantly churn and fuse living shapes together; effectively, its mucus makes monsters, and it vomits up random creations.
It's constantly in motion, and its massive cylindrical legs trample everything underneath as it walks. Each leg stalk ends in a stump with a wide mouth at the bottom, which pull all sorts of material from the ground into the beast's conversion gut, which reprocesses materials for use in monster creation.
Thankfully, the creature moves pretty slowly.
Two rows of tall, hollow bone-spires jut out from the behemoth's spine, exhausting wasted gaseous flesh clouds. These clouds can travel great distances and, depending on precipitation, cause meat-bone storms to occur even miles away from the Vivisextrator.
In addition, this exhaust tends to attract Parasitic Rust Vultures who make nests around the bone spires.
Killing the factory should be almost impossible; Not only can we assume it has over 1000 hit points, but it's also pretty well armored and pumps out radiation like a nuclear reactor in meltdown; which is pretty much what the environment inside its skull/brain/control center is.
If someone gained access to the control center, they'd find themselves plunged into a compartment crammed full of thick meat folds and putrescent mucus. If they figure out how to work the controls, they theoretically could control the beast's movement, its feeding, and it's monster creation, but they'd also have to deal with life-ending radiation baths every round.
More importantly, the factory serves the purpose of vomiting an endless assortment of random creatures that are eager to stab players in the face (not all of them), so onto the random charts!
1-3 Medium, 2HD, No. App: D6
4-5 Large, 5HD, No. App: D3
6 Huge, 12HD, No. App: Solitary
Head form, d20:
1. Man, malformed and brutish, leering eyes and flaring nostrils.
2. Amoebic sludge, quivering and featureless mass, barely held together with surface tension.
3. Beetle, compound eyes and huge, sharp, strong mandibles.
4. Fish, scales, enormous and expressionless eyes, drab gulping maw.
5. Bird, long, sharp and cruel beak, beady eyes of pure hate.
6. Toad, encrusted with warts, huge slit of mouth with lolling and grasping tongue.
7. Lizard, hypnotizing and lurid eyes, thick scales and strong biting jaw.
8. Bat, elaborate mechanism of a nose, flesh folds, dish like ears that hear all.
9. Crocodile, almost all jaw, mouth and teeth, ancient and dispassionate eyes.
10. Cat, dangling whiskers and small, quick teeth, eyes that laugh at the terror it inflicts.
11. Ape, wizened eyes, leathery flesh, huge ears that dangle aside tufts of fur.
12. Wolf, A drooling snarl, wrinkling and knowing nose that smells all.
13. Bear, dead, black and empty eyes, a deafening and terrifying growl.
14. Flower, scintillating patterns of petals, swirling hypnotically, defusing poisonous perfume.
15. Vine tangle, mess of a mass of ever twirling, tangling green ropes.
16. Shark, All mouth and teeth, eyes blank and dumb.
17. Stone, featureless rock, somehow points towards target with unnerving accuracy.
18. Flame, burns in a myriad of colours, huge and menacing.
19. Gas, wafts in all directions from an ever replenishing neck hole, at times vague features form.
20. Mechanical, plates of bio-organic gears and cogs, formed into a jaw of horror.
# of Heads
We start with heads because the BETTER TO EAT YOUR FACE WITH
2. One, but you can roll again if you prefer. Get this twice and it's definitely one head (boring) but deal with it.
3. Two. Same as above because TWO HEADS ARE JUST AS BORING.
4. Four heads. Now we're talking.
5. One head that shares two bodies.
6. Two, but heads terminate at end of arm-like limbs.
7. Two different heads, roll twice on the head table.
8. Three different heads, roll three times on the head table.
9. Head is another body, roll twice on the body form table.
10. One but head is in torso.
11. Roll again, but instead of heads it's tentacles where the heads should be.
12. Roll again but instead of heads it’s just a mouth where the heads should be.
Body form, d20:
- 1. Man, lumbering arms and legs, naked with ponderous genitals hanging.
- 2. Amoebic sludge, globular, rolling and quivering mass, ill formed and slow.
- 3. Beetle, scuttling, six legged and heavily armoured with thick carapace.
- 4. Fish, silvery and twisting, bizarrely floating through the air.
- 5. Bird, foul feathers, long scabrous hook taloned claw feet, flaps through the air.
- 6. Toad, squat, wet, boil, pus and mould covered, slowly crawls or suddenly leaps.
- 7. Lizard, huge claws and swatting tail, scrabbles and scrambles along.
- 8. Bat, Enveloping, black leathered wings ending in poisoned claws.
- 9. Crocodile, scaled, long and flat, gouges the land as it drags itself forward.
- 10. Cat, furred, quick and graceful, liquid in motion, a natural hunters body.
- 11. Ape, gangling and drooping, thick leathered skin with tufts of fur, all muscle and stomach.
- 12. Wolf, blunt, pointed and sprinting, hurtles deadly head towards target.
- 13. Bear, huge, slow and thick, shambling mass of thick flesh and muscle.
- 14. Flower, creeping, delicate, uncountable feet of dizzying petals.
- 15. Vine tangle, ever morphing and transforming mass, sometimes flat, sometimes round.
- 16. Shark, long, sleek floating gullet, never stops darting about.
- 17. Stone, tumble and rolls forward grinding all in its path to dust.
- 18. Flame, a rolling brush fire destroying all of existence, leaves desolation in its wake.
- 19. Gas, seeping, disgusting and fetid, dissipating and forming around the central head mass.
- 20. Mechanical, bio-organic, stilts, spikes and claws, formed into a spindly stalker.
Additional Attack ability, d20: (Assume all forms of attack implied by head and body).
- Spews sparking lighting from orifice or limbs.
- An enormous blade, mace or lance affixed to limb or made from own flesh.
- Impaling horns, skewering victims with charging.
- Is fast beyond measure, d8 extra attacks a round.
- Eyes are huge and piercing and stops the heart of the weak willed.
- Breath destroys and corrodes, d4; 1.Flesh, 2. Vegetation, 3. Mineral, 4. Stone.
- Vomits tsunamis of choking and diseased water.
- A blast of deathly brain melting migraine emanates from brow.
- Belches plumes of red flame and fire. Is ever smoking acrid black smoke.
- Touch of fingers destroys and corrodes, d4; 1.Flesh, 2. Vegetation, 3. Mineral, 4. Stone.
- Warps and twists bones of victim through sheer power of mind.
- Expulses poisonous yellow gas which melts lungs of victims.
- Can leap great distances and plummet into victim, near killing them in a single blow.
- Chameleon stalked eyes that turn victims to stone with gaze.
- A moon like shield of bone, metal, crystal or scale that reflects back damage to attackers
- Trampling, stomping oversized feet, or a bony, deformed, body fused battering ram.
- Barbed tentacle whips erupt from body, from back, torso or limbs.
- Harbours hivegrowths that biting clouds of insects erupt from.
- Sirenesque scream that, d4: 1) Bursts eardrums, 2) Seduces, 3) Maddens, 4) Stupefies
- A bank of spines that can be fired like a rain of arrows, replenishes hourly.
Form mutation, d20:
- The dead rise around it, bent to its will to serve it.
- Glows and shines brightly, inflicting awe on those that see it.
- Ever covered by a miasma of dark shadow.
- Befouls and corrupts the very land it walks upon.
- Is constantly expulsing corrupted eggs of its own kind.
- Is increased in size by one, is now the bearer of a deadlier monster, cradled in its arms.
- Is made of prismatic and iridescent quartz, either craggy or smooth.
- Is made of twisting and gnarled living wood, can regrow lost limbs wit time.
- Is skeletal, made of pure bone.
- Form is composed of engraved and holy temple stone architecture.
- Form is encased in thick and gilded, gaudy coloured cloth, robe like costume.
- Covered in milky malformed eyes with light blue iris.
- Flesh sloughing off in great bubbling rends of red, grows back and sheds again.
- Wings of pure white feathers. If already has flight, has ability to teleport.
- A blinding and deafening halo of divinity tears through reality above head.
- Swirling white smoke erupts from body, can phase through physical barriers at will.
- Long, black, mank and matter hair cascades from head.
- Snakes and worms erupt dangling from all orifices include now empty eye sockets.
- All flesh and skin is smooth, fresh, clean, soft and plump as an infant human.
- Extra body parts, d4: 1)d6 extra mouths, 2) d8 extra arms, 3) d4 extra legs, 4) d8 extra tails.
- Demands the allegiance of all living beings, is ever gathering a horrible horde.
- Burn all heathens unworth of the godbeing Vivisextrator.
- Create cairn like shrines and temples in honour of Vivisextrator.
- Must stalks and hunt from a distance, must not be seen by those it kills.
- Collects bones of victims to cover, costume and adorn self.
- Must see the world turned into a wasteland.
- Must destroy all other monsters, to become the favoured spawn of Vivisextrator.
- Must make itself a deity, to be venerated by lesser beings.
- Must corrupt beautiful things, people and places.
- Act as smiling and joyous emissary for the oncoming Vivisextrator
- Recover Vivisextrator DNA cache that will allow the creation of a new Vivisextrator.
- Scout out intriguing DNA for the Vivisextrator, and shepard it in that direction.
- Must build a tower of rock or bone and perch their awaiting the return of Vivisextrator
- Must be mated with to give birth to new horrific offspring, a miniature Vivisextrator.
- Must gain rulership of nearest town, city or village.
- Searches wildly for any remnants of the Biode Hexegemony.
- Must exchange knowledge and tales of the world around it with others.
- Make itself a suit of holy irradiated armour.
- Destroy the relics of all fakegods that are not Vivisextrator.
- Must quietly ponder its own sentience and consciousness, or philosophize with others.